Only Labor will fix the Melton Highway level crossing
Labor will fix the Melton Highway level crossing if we are elected on the 29th November.
The announcement follows a significant community campaign and a petition signed by over 2,500 residents.
The crossing will be removed as part of Labor’s Project 10,000, which is a plan to remove our 50 most dangerous and congested level crossings, double the size of the city loop and create 10,000 jobs.
Yesterday Daniel Andrews announced that the Melton Highway level crossing will be one of the crossings removed.
Thanks to everyone who was a part of the campaign – you have made a difference.
- Furlong Road and the St Albans level crossing on the Sunbury line will also be removed under Labor.
- Labor will reduce Zone 1+2 fares to a Zone 1 level from 1 January 2015.
- Labor’s Homesafe plan will trial all night Friday and Saturday public transport by New Year’s Eve 2015.
- Labor will build Melbourne Metro, doubling the size of the city loop.
- Labor will allocate money to fix and build new car parks around train stations.