Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel Selected
Minister for Local Government Natalie Hutchins has unveiled the make-up of her third Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel.
Thirteen Mayors have been selected for the panel and will meet with Ms Hutchins four times in 2017.
The Mayors will provide advice on a wide range of matters of interest to the local government sector, including the ongoing review of the Local Government Act.
Advice from the inaugural panel in 2016 played a pivotal role in informing the Andrews Labor Government’s ongoing reforms to strengthen the local government sector.
The Panel first met with Ms Hutchins today and is made up of:
- Cr Dinny Adem, Mayor of Greater Shepparton City Council
- Cr Jennifer Anderson, Mayor of Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- Cr Ray Argento, Mayor of South Gippsland Shire Council
- Cr Henry Barlow, Mayor of Wyndham City Council
- Cr Mary-Ann Brown, Mayor of Southern Grampians Shire Council
- Cr Jami Klisaris, Mayor of Stonnington City Council
- Cr Kim Le Cerf, Mayor of Darebin City Council
- Cr Geoffrey Lovett, Mayor of Central Goldfields Shire Council
- Cr Jim Memeti, Mayor of Greater Dandenong City Council
- Cr Margaret O’Rourke, Mayor of Greater Bendigo City Council
- Cr David Pollard, Mayor of Buloke Shire Council
- Cr Rhonda Sanderson, Mayor of Mitchell Shire Council
- Cr Anna Speedie, Mayor of Wodonga City Council
Quotes attributable to Minister for Local Government Natalie Hutchins
“In its first two years the Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel has provided a wealth of invaluable advice on a range of topics, including councillor conduct laws, planning issues and the finalisation of Know Your Council.”
“The Mayoral Advisory Panel can help shape state government policy as we craft changes to the law that will make councils more efficient, effective and accountable.”