Melton Highway level crossing
- To the Legislative Assembly of Victoria:
- The petition of certain citizens of the state of Victoria draws to the attention of the house the Napthine state government’s failure to properly manage the Melton Highway level crossing.
- In particular, we note that:
1. the boom gates are down for 52 minutes every 2 hours during peak times;
2. during peak hours journey times are 20 minutes longer;
3. there is an increased risk for children crossing Melton Highway to get to school.
- The petitioners therefore request that the Legislative Assembly urges the Napthine state government to guarantee that they will urgently fix the Melton Highway level crossing so that the issues noted above are addressed.