- To the Legislative Assembly of Victoria:
- This petition of certain citizens of the state of Victoria draws to the attention of the house the state government’s plans to cut hundreds of millions of dollars from TAFE funding. In particular, we note:
1. the TAFE Association has estimated up to 2000 jobs could be lost as a result of these cuts;
2. many courses will be dropped or scaled back and several TAFE campuses face the possibility of closure; and
3. with 49 000 full-time jobs already lost in this term of government, skills training has never been more important for Victorians.
- The petitioners therefore request that the Legislative Assembly urges the Baillieu state government to abandon the planned funding cuts and guarantee no further cuts will be made.